General Duties of the Grants Director include:
- Researching grant opportunities
- Interfacing with other community association directors to evaluate and co-ordinate grant opportunities
- Preparing applications for applicable grants in accordance with application requirements and deadlines• Interfacing with other directors and staff to ensure that grant procedures are followed
- Answering questions raised by granting authorities
- Preparing follow-up reporting for grants received
Additional responsibilities include attending monthly community association meetings, responding to internal emails and other community issues that arise from time to time.
- Online forms and information for virtually all grants
- Telephone assistance from all granting authorities Seminars hosted primarily by Federation of Calgary Communities
- Copies of previous grant applications to use as precedents
General Duties of the Green Initiatives Director include:
- Be the Tree Steward for the City’s NeighbourWoods Program.
- Be involved on the city’s Eco-Round Table discussions.
- Address any aspect that comes to the Board with regard to environmental issues.
- Provide a monthly article for the 'Pulse'.
- Over see the community garden.
General Duties of the Membership Director include:
- Attend monthly meetings of the MPCA Board of Directors
- Maintain membership application records, including data entry as required
- Provide bookkeeper with any membership funds received
- Prepare report for AGM
- Prepare sign-in sheet for AGM and ensure all people who vote are members in good standing of the Community Association
- Process mail in membership applications received and advise applicants of membership numbers
- Maintain up to date membership list on data base and produce print outs or access for MPCA purposes, as required
- Provide information required for membership sales as required for MPCA programs
- Establish a membership budget
General Duties of the Past-President include:
Planning, Transportation & Land Use
General Duties of the Planning, Transportation and Land Use Director include:
- Chairs the community sub-committee for planning, transportation, and land use
- Committee reviews all development permit and subdivision applications and provides comments to the City
- Chairs traffic sub-committee chair responsible for traffic issues and community traffic study
- Chairs community workshops if required for traffic issues or development initiatives
- Attends community board meetings and reports on committee activities
- Represents community to the City and to other communities regarding development and traffic matters
General Duties of the Playgroup Director include:
- Organizing and running board meetings and general meetings
- Serving as a director on the Mount Pleasant Community Board
- Working with each executive member to ensure his/her area of responsibility is managed
- Managing changes in operations and key processes to ensure a smooth transition
- Responding to questions and concerns raised by members
- Following up on action items
- Signing authority on the playgroup bank account (in the absence of Treasurer)
- Co-ordination of key communication both internally and externally
- Managing relationships with other users of MPCA Lower Hall
General Duties of the President include:
- Supervises, coordinates, and mediates the business of the Board.
- Chairs all meetings of the Board, the Executive Committee and MPCA, when present and able to do so.
- Spokesperson for MPCA.
- Is an ex-officio member of all Committees.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Board.
General Duties of the Publicity Director include:
- Collect, edit and submit newsletter articles to the publisher, there are no lay-out responsibilities or selling of advertising (the publisher does all of it, to editor's specifications, and is very helpful).
- Chair a website committee and provide web content from the newsletter submissions to the web team. Various members of the team provide and update their piece of the website and other volunteers maintain the rest of the site.
- Liase with provider of website on technical support and ensure contract is current for hosting.
- Attend the monthly board meetings to keep current on community issues/events.
- Attend various community events and take photographs for newsletter.
- Time Committment is about 4-5 hours/issue (not including the monthly community meeting), and there are 10 issues/year.
<< Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 2